- Monday, August 20 at 7:30 p.m.
- Monday, July 16 at 7:30 p.m.
- Monday, June 25 at 7:30 p.m.
- Monday, May 21 at 7:30 p.m.
- Monday, May 14 at 7:30 p.m. (Finance Committee)
- Wednesday, May 9 at 7:30 p.m. (Personnel Committee)
- Monday, April 30 at 7:30 p.m. (Adjourned Meeting)
- Monday, April 16 at 7:30 p.m.
- Monday, March 19 at 7:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, February 20 at 7:30 p.m.
- Monday, January 15, 2018 at 7:30 p.m.
Our library community is growing! On May 1, we will be joining the SWAN library consortium. We will be joining a network of 97 libraries, expanding from our previous network of 12 libraries. You will have access to hundreds of thousands more materials – books, DVDs, CDs, audiobooks, and more – and your Bensenville Community Public Library card will work at any of the 97 other libraries in our network!
Coming up April 28 through May 1, we will be in the midst of the transition to SWAN. During these three days, please note that you will not be able to log in to My Account via the Library’s online catalog. This also means that during these three days you will be unable to place holds on materials or see your current activity in My Account. Don’t worry – you are still able to check out items here at the Library! After these three short days, we look forward to reaping all of the benefits of joining SWAN, such as:
- More Items | A shared online public access catalog between all of our member libraries means you have access to 9,842,599 items
- More Special Collections | A unique collection of materials from public, college, and special libraries across Illinois such as the Morton Arboretum and the Theosophical Society
- More People Served | Population served (patrons served by the public libraries in the consortium): 1,787,279 members of the community
- More Languages | There are at least 226 languages represented in items in the catalog
- More Library Resources | By consolidating services and collaborating together, tax payers see their library staff able to save money and do more together
- More Accessibility | Together we make improvements to the library catalog, more efficiently procure library materials, and set up email, text, phone, and print notifications in a variety of languages (English, Spanish, Polish, and more)
We want to make this transition as easy as possible for you, so if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Library at (630) 766-4642. For more information on SWAN, please visit www.swanlibraries.net.
Friday, June 15 at 12:30 p.m.
AGES: 12 and older
Join us as Certified Master Hypnotist Jeff Jay blends comedy with jaw-dropping magic and hilarious hypnosis. You will be wowed and some of the audience will have the chance to be hypnotized!
Wednesday, July 18 at 2:00 p.m. at the Library
AGES: 12–18 years old
Kick back, relax, and join the Library for a free showing of Thor: Ragnarok! Imprisoned on the other side of the universe, the mighty Thor finds himself in a deadly gladiatorial contest that pits him against the Hulk, his former ally and fellow Avenger. Thor’s quest for survival leads him in a race against time to prevent the all-powerful Hela from destroying his home world and the Asgardian civilization. (2017, PG-13, 2 hr 10 min)
Wednesday, February 20 at 7:00 p.m.
Add some fun to your coffee break by making your own color changing mug! Join Chris as you decorate a blank mug with a “before” and “after” thermochromatic design.
Please note: For all adult crafting and DIY programs, doors to the event will open 15 minutes prior to the event start time. Participants will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis, and seats cannot be held.
Wednesday, June 27 at 2:00 p.m.
AGES: 12-18 years old
Ever wondered how slime is made or what it feels like? Teens are invited to join Parish for an afternoon of making your own galaxy slime! For this DIY, we will be using safe products that can be found at your local supermarket. Registration is not required to attend, but space is limited. Participation is on a first-come, first-served basis.
Wednesday, June 20 at 2:00 p.m.
Ages: 12-18 years old
Teens are invited to join Parish for a fun and easy craft! We’ll be making alien and UFO keychains using Perler beads! Each participant will be leaving with one completed keychain. Registration is not required to attend, but space is limited. Participation is on a first-come, first-served basis.
July 23 – 26 from 3:00 – 5:00 p.m.
AGES: 10 to 18 years old
Come out and join us for the Library’s Summer Grand Slam Tournament! Each day we will have a different tournament where challengers have the chance to test their skills and fight their way to the top!
Monday – Practice Day
Tuesday – Pokémon Grand Slam
Wednesday – Tekken 7
Thursday – Super Smash Bros.
First Thursdays of each month at 4:30 p.m.
Third Saturdays of each month at 10:30 a.m.
September 6—February 16
AGES: 2 to 5 years old
Please note: Spanish Storytime will not meet on Thursday, October 4.
Join us for a special Spanish language storytime! Lizzeth Fausto will present all of our favorite books, rhymes, and movement activities bilingually. A healthy snack will be provided to participants! Registration is not required to attend, but space is limited. Participation is on a first-come, first-served basis.
Friday, June 29 at 10:30 a.m.
Funny retellings of Chicken Little, Goldilocks and the Three Bears, and The Tale of Two Bad Mice performed by the famous Melikin puppets This is sure to be fun for the whole family!