The church on the left is the original Immanuel Church.
Lutheran Church is located on Church Road, north of Grand Avenue.
The area used to be called Churchville because it had two churches
and two cemeteries. The Zion Church congregation dates from 1838.
A split in the church in 1848 produced St. John's, which currently
stands on Route 83 and Foster Avenue. A second split in 1859 produced
construction of the second church.
Note Korthauer's chain driven truck.
This second building was built on the same site as the first church.
Still located on west side of Church Road where the first and
second buildings were.
Lutheran Church of Christ
Built in 1966, this is the third and current building on the east
side of Church Road. This photo was taken in 1975.
local history files at the Bensenville Library contain a 1939
listing of the gravestones in Immanuel Cemetery. Ask the Reference
Librarian for Local History folder number 29.