- Monday, December 17, 2018 at 7:30 p.m.
- Monday, November 19 at 7:30 p.m.
- Monday, October 15 at 7:30 p.m.
- Monday, September 17 at 7:30 p.m.
- Monday, August 20 at 7:30 p.m.
- Monday, July 16 at 7:30 p.m.
- Monday, June 25 at 7:30 p.m.
- Monday, May 21 at 7:30 p.m.
- Monday, May 14 at 7:30 p.m. (Finance Committee)
- Wednesday, May 9 at 7:30 p.m. (Personnel Committee)
- Monday, April 30 at 7:30 p.m. (Adjourned Meeting)
- Monday, April 16 at 7:30 p.m.
- Monday, March 19 at 7:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, February 20 at 7:30 p.m.
- Monday, January 15, 2018 at 7:30 p.m.
Our library community is growing! On May 1, 2018 we will be joining the SWAN library consortium. We will be joining a network of 97 libraries, expanding from our previous network of 12 libraries. You will have access to hundreds of thousands more materials – books, DVDs, CDs, audiobooks, and more – and your Bensenville Community Public Library card will work at any of the 97 other libraries in our network!
Coming up April 28 through May 1, 2018, we will be in the midst of the transition to SWAN. During these three days, please note that you will not be able to log in to My Account via the Library’s online catalog. This also means that during these three days you will be unable to place holds on materials or see your current activity in My Account. Don’t worry – you are still able to check out items here at the Library! After these three short days, we look forward to reaping all of the benefits of joining SWAN, such as:
- More Items | A shared online public access catalog between all of our member libraries means you have access to 9,842,599 items
- More Special Collections | A unique collection of materials from public, college, and special libraries across Illinois such as the Morton Arboretum and the Theosophical Society
- More People Served | Population served (patrons served by the public libraries in the consortium): 1,787,279 members of the community
- More Languages | There are at least 226 languages represented in items in the catalog
- More Library Resources | By consolidating services and collaborating together, tax payers see their library staff able to save money and do more together
- More Accessibility | Together we make improvements to the library catalog, more efficiently procure library materials, and set up email, text, phone, and print notifications in a variety of languages (English, Spanish, Polish, and more)
We want to make this transition as easy as possible for you, so if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Library at (630) 766-4642. For more information on SWAN, please visit www.swanlibraries.net.
First Thursday of every month at 5:00 p.m.
Third Saturday of every month at 10:30 a.m.
March 7 — August 17 (3/16 storytime has been cancelled)
AGES: 2 to 8 years old
Join Mrs. Fausto as she shares all of our favorite books, rhymes, and movement activities bilingually! A healthy snack will also be provided. Registration is not required to attend, but space is limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Please note: Spanish Storytime will not meet on July 4.
Tuesday, August 6 at 7:00 p.m. | AGES: 13 and up
Join us in making traditional Guatemalan and Mexican worry dolls! These are small dolls (made of paper, wire, or string) that are used by children to vent their concerns and problems. At night, they are placed under their pillows and in the morning, the doll will have absorbed their worries. Registration is not required to attend, but space is limited. Participation is on a first-come, first-served basis.
For all adult crafting and DIY programs, doors to the event will open 15 minutes prior to the event start time. Participants will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis, and seats cannot be held.