Our library community is growing! On May 1, 2018 we will be joining the SWAN library consortium. We will be joining a network of 97 libraries, expanding from our previous network of 12 libraries. You will have access to hundreds of thousands more materials – books, DVDs, CDs, audiobooks, and more – and your Bensenville Community Public Library card will work at any of the 97 other libraries in our network!
Coming up April 28 through May 1, 2018, we will be in the midst of the transition to SWAN. During these three days, please note that you will not be able to log in to My Account via the Library’s online catalog. This also means that during these three days you will be unable to place holds on materials or see your current activity in My Account. Don’t worry – you are still able to check out items here at the Library! After these three short days, we look forward to reaping all of the benefits of joining SWAN, such as:
- More Items | A shared online public access catalog between all of our member libraries means you have access to 9,842,599 items
- More Special Collections | A unique collection of materials from public, college, and special libraries across Illinois such as the Morton Arboretum and the Theosophical Society
- More People Served | Population served (patrons served by the public libraries in the consortium): 1,787,279 members of the community
- More Languages | There are at least 226 languages represented in items in the catalog
- More Library Resources | By consolidating services and collaborating together, tax payers see their library staff able to save money and do more together
- More Accessibility | Together we make improvements to the library catalog, more efficiently procure library materials, and set up email, text, phone, and print notifications in a variety of languages (English, Spanish, Polish, and more)
We want to make this transition as easy as possible for you, so if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Library at (630) 766-4642. For more information on SWAN, please visit www.swanlibraries.net.