Please note all Meeting Room requests require a completed application form. Before completing the form below, please read the following important notes.
- Requests must be made with a minimum of 48 hours advance notice to the Administrative Assistant during regular business hours (M-F, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.). The turnaround time for approval is 24-48 hours (M-F, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.).
- As per Library policy, Bensenville Library programs receive room use priority.
- All meetings must conclude 15 minutes prior to Library closing time (8:45 p.m. Monday-Thursday, 4:45 p.m. Friday-Sunday).
- A minimum of 48 hours notice must be given if you need to cancel a meeting room, so that it may be made available to others. To cancel, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- A representative of group meeting must check in at the Circulation Desk upon arrival and check out upon departure.
- Due to the fire alarm system, balloons are not allowed in any Library meeting rooms.
- The entire Library property is smoke free, including all parking areas.
- Meeting room fee: $35 per meeting — Check for meeting room fees is due at or before time of meeting. Please make check payable to Bensenville Community Public Library.
Meeting Room Policy for Use
As it is the continuing aim of the Bensenville Community Public Library to cooperate with community organizations in striving to meet the educational, cultural, and informational needs of the community, the Library offers the use of its facilities to those groups that share these objectives. Promotion of products or services for profit is prohibited. The Library reserves the right to charge fees to offset the cost to provide this service.
- Written applications must be submitted to the Library Administrative Assistant during regular business hours (Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.). Sample application forms are in the Appendix. Permission to use Library meeting rooms will be granted by the Library Director on the basis of the organization’s objectives and the availability of space and time. If, on the advice of law enforcement officials, the Library Director or Board of Trustees determines that a reasonable threat to the safety of Library staff, Library users, or members of the public might occur, the Library reserves the right to refuse or cancel the request for meeting room use.
- Groups using the Library facilities are responsible for their own set up and clean up. Organizations may be asked to provide a Certificate of Insurance.
- The Library reserves the right to cancel meeting room reservations for its own use. All attempts will be made to reschedule space and/or time at the organization’s convenience.
- The Bensenville Community Public Library is not responsible for loss or damage to personal property belonging to persons using Library facilities.