With your library card, you can receive free or discounted admission at participating Chicagoland area museums and attractions! We currently offer two programs: Museum Adventure Pass and Explore More Illinois.
Museum Adventure Pass
Visit the Library and check out a museum with the Museum Adventure Pass program! You can use your Bensenville Community Public Library card to check out a pass to great Chicago area museums!
Museums that participate in the program include:
- Air Classic Inc Museum of Aviation
- American Writers Museum
- Aurora Regional Fire Museum
- Bess Bower Dunn Museum of Lake County
- Bronzeville Children’s Museum
- Brookfield Zoo (Chicago Zoological Society)
- Cantigny Park
- Cernan Earth and Space Center at Triton College
- Chicago Botanic Garden
- Children’s Museum in Oak Lawn
- Elgin History Museum
- Elgin Public Museum
- Ellwood House Museum
- Geneva Lake Museum
- Illinois Holocaust Museum and Education Center
- Illinois Railway Museum
- KidsWork Children’s Museum
- Lizzadro Museum of Lapidary Art
- Mitchell Museum of the American Indian
- Naper Settlement
- Oriental Institute Museum
- Pleasant Home Foundation
- St. Charles Heritage Museum
Stop by the Library and check out a museum pass today! For more information, visit the Museum Adventure Pass website.
Explore More Illinois
Explore More Illinois is a free service that provides instant online access to free and discounted tickets to museums, science centers, sporting events, zoos, park districts, theaters, and other fun cultural venues — all you need is your library card!
- Get started at the Explore More Illinois Login.
- Enter your library card number and PIN.
- Browse passes and available offers for the upcoming three months. You can also search for offers by date, attraction name, or location.
- Pass access is limited to card holders ages 18 and older. Limit of three active reservations are allowed at one time. A photo ID matching the name on the reservation must be shown at the attraction on the day of the reservation.
- Need a reminder? You will get a reminder email three days before your reservation.
Please note that participating attractions may change at any time. Visit Explore More Illinois to see the current attractions and offerings. More attractions continue to be added to this program, so check back often.
- When you find an attraction you want to visit, click on the Offers button and hit the Select Offer button below the description.
- If the date that pops up works for you, select the green Reserve button, otherwise click on Reserve a Different Date. If you choose to reserve a different date, a calendar will open to select a new date. This is important, as you must make a reservation for a specific date. A confirmation box will appear and a confirmation email will be sent once you click Continue.
- The next screen will allow you to print or download the pass, but it is recommended to print your pass shortly before your visit.
- As a reminder, once you print or download your pass you cannot cancel your reservation. Three active reservations are allowed per library card. You can view all the offerings and check out passes at home or anywhere-no need to come in to check out your pass.
- Yes! You also can stop in the Library and let a staff member know that you are here to print your Explore More Illinois pass, and they will be happy to assist you print.
- You also can print remotely to the Library! To do so, simply go to the Library’s website and click on the Print to the Library link. Follow the directions, and your document will be available for printing at the Library. See the Computer Lab Assistant’s Desk to retrieve your pass!
Reservations may be canceled before they are printed or downloaded. Once you print or download your pass you cannot cancel your reservation and it remains an active status until after the date on the pass.
You will need to bring a photo ID and either a smartphone with the pass available on the phone or a printed copy of the pass. Some attractions require a printed copy; this is indicated when you make the reservation.
You may have an issue with your account, such as an expired card or fines. If you do not know your PIN or password, or if you have problems logging into Explore More Illinois, please contact Bensenville Library at 630-766-4642. Your library will assist you in solving the problem.
- Attractions set their own limits on how often passes can be reserved per day, week, month, or year. For example, one attraction may allow 1 pass reservation per month, whereas another attraction may allow 2 passes to be reserved per year.
- If you are out of reservations, you will not see the offer when you log into Explore More Illinois.
Explore More Illinois is a service developed and managed by Reaching Across Illinois Library System (RAILS). RAILS is funded by a grant from the Illinois State Library through the Office of the Secretary of State Jesse White and provides a number of different programs and services for Illinois libraries and library users. Explore More Illinois is separate and distinct from the Museum Adventure Pass administered by Libraries First.