The Bensenville Community Public Library subscribes to a variety of online research products and databases that offer up-to-date, reliable information on a wide range of topics, including: genealogy, business, history, homework help, auto repairs, and more.
All of our searchable resources are available for use in the library or from home. Hover over the images below to see a description about each database. You may also narrow or filter your search by clicking on our list of research subjects.
For some resources, you may be asked to enter the 14-digit barcode (starting with 21437…) on the back of your Bensenville Community Public Library card, along with your PIN number. Need help? Please call us at (630) 766-4642. Also, please note that we do not accept submissions for inclusion into our online resources collections.
- Bloomberg — News, stock information, and more.
- CNN/Money — Financial news from CNN and Money magazine.
- Europages: the European Business Directory — Half a million companies in thirty different countries; searchable by company name or by product or service.
- MoneyChimp — Find explanations on topics such as how to read an annual report as well as financial calculators.
- ThomasNet — Large directory of manufacturers in the U.S. Registration is requested, but membership is free.
- United States Chamber of Commerce — For people that own their own business. News information, contact information, etc.
- United States Securities and Exchange Commission — Access all filings required by law for public companies including 10-Ks, 10-Qs, IPOs and more.
- United States Small Business Administration (SBA) — For those trying to start their own small business.
Narrow and filter your search