The Bensenville Community Public Library subscribes to a variety of online research products and databases that offer up-to-date, reliable information on a wide range of topics, including: genealogy, business, history, homework help, auto repairs, and more.
All of our searchable resources are available for use in the library or from home. Hover over the images below to see a description about each database. You may also narrow or filter your search by clicking on our list of research subjects.
For some resources, you may be asked to enter the 14-digit barcode (starting with 21437…) on the back of your Bensenville Community Public Library card, along with your PIN number. Need help? Please call us at (630) 766-4642. Also, please note that we do not accept submissions for inclusion into our online resources collections.
- HealthCentral – One of the most complete sources of consumer healthcare information on the Internet.
- Healthfinder – From the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services; gateway to reliable consumer health and human services information.
- Journal of the American Medical Association – Online companion to the journal.
- Martindale’s Health Science Guide – Detailed reference center for medical questions. Includes information for both patients and doctors.
- Mayo Clinic Health – Source of reliable health information from Mayo Clinic; site is directed by a team of Mayo physicians, scientists, writers and educators and is updated daily.
- MedicineNet – Network of U.S. board-certified physician writers and scientists committed to providing the best unbiased, 100% doctor-produced medical information.
- MedlinePlus – From the National Library of Medicine. The best and most complete consumer health source on the Interent. Available in English and in Spanish
- Merck Manual of Medical Information – Full text, online version of the print manual used by medical professionals for over 100 years.
- National Library of Medicine (NLM) – Home of the world’s largest medical library; includes access to MEDLINE, a searchable database.
- RxList – Searchable drug index.
Narrow and filter your search