The Bensenville Community Public Library subscribes to a variety of online research products and databases that offer up-to-date, reliable information on a wide range of topics, including: genealogy, business, history, homework help, auto repairs, and more.
All of our searchable resources are available for use in the library or from home. Hover over the images below to see a description about each database. You may also narrow or filter your search by clicking on our list of research subjects.
For some resources, you may be asked to enter the 14-digit barcode (starting with 21437…) on the back of your Bensenville Community Public Library card, along with your PIN number. Need help? Please call us at (630) 766-4642. Also, please note that we do not accept submissions for inclusion into our online resources collections.
- Bankrate – Provides consumers with financial data, research and editorial information on non-investment financial products.
- Chicago Board Options Exchange – Official site for the CBOE.
- Edgar Database – Database of corporate information from the Securities and Exchange Commission.
- InvestorGuide – Covers online brokers, stock information, and provides a comprehensive list of publicly traded companies (including home pages, research, and discussion).
- IPO Central – IPO information from Hoover’s Online.
- Motley Fool – Wide array of investment resources. Sign up for news to be delivered to your e-mail.
- New York Stock Exchange – Official site of the New York Stock Exchange.
- NASDAQ Stock Market – Commonly known as the NASDAQ, news and information for the investor of this American stock exchange.
Tax Forms and Resources:
- Federal Tax Forms And Publications – The official IRS site. Download forms and publications here.
- Illinois Tax Forms – Official state site for Illinois tax forms.
- Tax Forms (Other States) – Index of links to individual state sites for tax forms.
- AARP Tax-Aide – Locate a tax help center near you.
- Small Business Tax Workshop – Virtual video workshop series designed to assist small business owners understand and meet federal tax obligations.
- IRS Tax Tips – A constantly-updated page consisting of relevant and important tax news, tips, and valuable information via the IRS.
Narrow and filter your search