You now have access to hundreds of thousands more materials – books, DVDs, CDs, audiobooks, and more – and your Bensenville Community Public Library card will work at any of the 97 other libraries in the SWAN network! For a full list and map of the SWAN library membership, check out https://www.swanlibraries.net/member-libraries/.
- More Items | A shared online public access catalog between all of our member libraries means you have access to 9,842,599 items
- More Special Collections | A unique collection of materials from public, college, and special libraries across Illinois such as the Morton Arboretum and the Theosophical Society
- More People Served | Population served (patrons served by the public libraries in the consortium): 1,787,279 members of the community
- More Languages | There are at least 226 languages represented in items in the catalog
- More Library Resources | By consolidating services and collaborating together, taxpayers see their library staff able to save money and do more together
- More Accessibility | Together we make improvements to the library catalog, more efficiently procure library materials, and set up email, text, phone, and print notifications in a variety of languages (English, Spanish, Polish, and more)
Note: With this upgrade to the library’s catalog, your account notifications may look different or change. Notifications can be received via text, phone, mail, or email – depending on the notification type. Please be sure to stop by or call the Library at (630) 766-4642 to review your account preferences and ensure that your information is up-to-date.
For more information about SWAN, check out https://www.swanlibraries.net/ to see all the benefits of being in a library consortium. You can also read this article that appeared in the Monday, April 23, 2018 Daily Herald highlighting SWAN and the migration of the 19 new libraries joining the consortium.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to come talk to us at the Library!