The Bensenville Community Public Library’s Board of Trustees meets the fourth Monday of every month (except in May) at 7:30 p.m. in the Library’s Board Room. Agendas for upcoming meetings are posted at: https://benlib.org/board-agenda/
The Bensenville Community Public Library currently seeks two (2) Trustees to be seated on its Board of Trustees tentatively beginning May 2021. To find our more or if you are interested, please click here.
Linda Weiss, President | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Linda Weiss is a retired library director, living in Bensenvile with her husband Nick for the last 22 years. They have four grown children and eleven grand children, and they are all readers! Linda believes that the library should remain a vibrant part of the community and she is grateful for the opportunity to serve on the Library Board.
Kathleen “Kathy” Quinn, Vice President | email@example.com
Susan Earley, Treasurer | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Susan Earley, a Data Architect who has lived in Bensenville for 16 years with husband and two children, has prior experience on non-profit boards, both as director and as Treasurer. She has over 25 years of experience in Computers and data management, is a published editor and writer of technical instructions for data management and non-profit finances. Her goals are to increase the use of the Library’s resources, and expand the resources for audio and computer services, especially for those who cannot make good use of print media.
Tina Lux, Secretary | email@example.com
- Tina Lux is a Special Education teacher who holds a Masters of Educational Administration. She has lived in Bensenville for 18 years. Tina is a voracious reader who uses the library’s facilities and resources weekly with her husband, and two children by checking out materials and attending programs and activities. Tina appreciates and supports the mission of the library to provide access to all information to all patrons.
Jim Ricker | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jim Ricker first moved to Bensenville shortly before his 5th birthday. He enjoyed the extra opportunities to read starting with the original wood frame at the corner of Church and Irving Park. A 2010 Phi Theta Kappa graduate of COD, Jim received his Clerical Accounting Certificate in 2013. Jim was elected to the Bensenville Library Board in 2015 and accepted a position on the Finance Committee to help continue the strong benefits to Bensenville that the library has established. Jim is a member at Roselle UMC, including 5 years served as a counter. Jim has continued working the last 20+ years at Bridgeway of Bensenville in a number of capacities, now as Office Manager – Security. Jim enjoys sharing and caring with the seniors who live there. Recently married for the first time, Jim wants to continue to make Bensenville a good place to live and learn.
Mandi Zalewski | email@example.com
- Mandi Zalewski has a husband and two young sons and they are active at Zion Concord Lutheran School and in BBAA. She is a Case Manager for adults with developmental disabilities. Mandi became interested in running for the library board after her kids’ school formed a partnership with the library last year. She hopes to not only strengthen and enhance that relationship, but expand it to other private schools that do not have the funding to build their own library.