Beginning Tuesday, April 26, 2022, the Bensenville Community Public Library will be transitioning over to a new catalog, Aspen.
Aspen has all the features of the previous catalog — plus many more — to make it easier to search for materials and manage your account. Aspen also includes all of the Bensenville Community Public Library’s resources as well as materials from 99 other libraries in the SWAN consortium.
Our current catalog, Enterprise, will be discontinued as of April 26. If you have created lists in our current catalog, please transfer them over to the new catalog, as they will not be accessible after April 26! Watch our video for a step-by-step tutorial. If you have opted into saving your checkout history, those will be transferring over to the new catalog.
If you have any questions about how to transfer lists over, how to set up an account, or other questions about our new catalog, please contact the Library at (630) 766-4642.
What are some of Aspen's new features?
- Rate the materials you read, listen to, or watch. Your ratings will help the catalog recommend other titles you may be interested in.
- Easily and conveniently add items to your lists without clicking into a title’s detail page.
- Make purchase suggestions through your account if you cannot find what you are looking for.
- Results are now grouped by format! Easily view what formats are available, such as: print books, audiobooks, eBooks/eAudiobooks, OverDrive, Axis360, Kindle, DVD and CD.
- Searching in the catalog clearly shows if items are on shelf, available from another library, available online to download, or if all copies are checked out. You will see how many copies are owned and how many people are on the wait list for an item.
- View “Explore More” features, which provide access to online resources such as newspapers, magazines, and research databases relevant to your search.
What will I be able to do in my account?
- View materials you have checked out, including Overdrive (eMediaLibrary) and Axis360
- View titles you have on hold. You can cancel holds, freeze holds, choose the hold pickup location, and see recommended titles based on your holds
- View titles you have rated and recommendations based on what you have rated
- Set pickup location preferences
- Change contact information
- Pay for lost books and fines your account with a debit/credit card or with PayPal
- Opt into saving your checkout history
- Set up text messaging to receive notices
- Link family accounts to manage them all
- Reset your PIN
- Set preferences for Overdrive
- View your search history
- Create and manage lists of materials