Happy National Library Week! Libraries mean so many things to so many people: they provide free access to media, host fascinating programs and events, and strengthen their communities through education and lifelong learning. This year, celebrate National Library Week by sharing your library story—how do you library?
Reply to our National Library Week post on Facebook in the comments with photos, videos, or text explaining what you love about your library along with the hashtag #MyBCPLMyStory — whether it’s a way your library brings your community together or a few of your favorite library resources and activities. Share your story with us during National Library Week (April 8 – 13) and you will be entered to win a Kindle Fire 7 — a small “thank you” for sharing your story. Feel free to share your stories on Twitter and Instagram, too! Just be sure to use the hashtag #MyBCPLMyStory and tag us!
If you love your library, say it loud and proud: vocal community support helps libraries secure much-needed funding and reminds hardworking library staff that their efforts are appreciated. Participating in National Library Week is a quick, easy way to help your library thrive!
RULES FOR ENTRY:
- Feel free to share multiple stories; we welcome it! However, only one entry per person will be submitted for the prize drawing.
- All entries must be submitted before Saturday, April 13, 2019 at 9:00 p.m. CST.
- All qualifying posts on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram must include the hashtag #MyBCPLMyStory and must tag the Bensenville Community Public Library.
- One winner will be chosen at random, and that winner MUST be a Bensenville Community Public Library cardholder to receive the prize.
- The winner will be notified on social media on Tuesday, April 16, 2019, and will have one week to pick up their prize at the Bensenville Community Public Library Circulation Desk.
- Have fun and thank you for sharing your library stories!