- Monday – Thursday | 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Friday | 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Saturday | 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Sunday | 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
What you can expect upon your next visit to the Library:
- In accordance with the CDC and IDPH recommendations, masks will be optional while inside of the Bensenville Community Public Library, regardless of vaccination status.
- There is no hourly visit limit in place.
- Full computer availability in the Adult Services and Youth Services Departments.
- Study room spaces are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Toys and manipulatives are currently unavailable in the Youth Services Department.
- As of April 1, 2022, public meeting room reservations have resumed.
- Furniture and seating has been restored throughout the Library, while accommodating appropriate distancing.
- Please stay mindful of social distancing! Floor decals are placed around the Library to remind patrons and staff to maintain a safe and comfortable distance.
- Sneeze guards are in place at service desks and hand sanitizer is readily available throughout the building.
- Passport services are available. We accept passport applications by appointment only. Please call (630) 766-4642 to schedule an appointment, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. More information at benlib.org/passport-services.
- Faxes costs $1 per page to send and receive. Copies cost 10¢ for black and white per side. When printing in our computer lab, the first 10 prints will be free. After the first 10 free prints, prints will cost 25¢ for color (per side) and 10¢ for black and white (per side).
- The Library will implement a hybrid of in-person and virtual programming for our community. Please view our current Program Guide to see all of our current programming opportunities.
- All items returned to the Library are no longer subject to a material quarantine.
- Remember that the Library is Fine Free Forever! (Laptops and hotspots will still be subject to late fees.)
- Newspapers are available to browse.
- Curbside pickup, and other contact-free, online services, are still available for patrons.
The Bensenville Community Public Library is currently open, but please note that we have a variety of contact-free services, such as curbside pickup and our online services, available for use.
What services are available via curbside pickup/contact-free?
- Printing, copying, scanning, faxing
- Check out laptops & hotspots
- Pick up craft program supplies
- Public WiFi in parking lot
- Get a library card!
- Check out books, audiobooks, magazines, DVDs, Blu-rays, CDs, board games, binge boxes, youth book bundles & kits, and more!
- Call us! We are happy to help!
What services are available online?
- Browse our online catalog
- Sign up for our live virtual programming
- Online databases & research
- Download eBooks and eAudiobooks for free!
- Get an online-only library card!
- Print to the Library
- Free online continuing education courses
- Explore free, online resources for kids
- Stream storytimes, craft videos, and more!