In an effort to provide safe, easy, and convenient access of materials to our community, the Bensenville Community Public Library now offers curbside pickup service!
Please note that our curbside service is a pickup service only. All materials must be put on hold prior to pickup.
- Check out books, audiobooks, magazines, DVDs, Blu-rays, CDs, board games, a selection of YS book bundles, and WiFi hotspots!
- Printing, scanning, copying, and faxing services are also available for curbside pickup. Please call the Adult Services Desk at (630) 766-4642 for more information.
How can I request materials for curbside pickup?
Place your items on hold:
Once your hold is received and processed, we will notify you by phone or email when your items are ready for pickup. Please do not attempt to pick up your items until you have been notified. Once notified, you will have 7 days to pick up your hold during curbside hours.
BCPL Curbside Pickup hours:
Monday — Thursday | 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Friday | 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday | Closed
My items are ready for pickup. Now what?
- First things first, bring your cellphone and your library card with you to the library.
- Once you arrive, please park in a designated curbside pickup spot in front of the building and call the phone number posted on the sign. (Curbside pro-tip: Add the BCPL Curbside phone number to your contacts in your phone for even easier pickup service next time!)
- Tell us your name and which curbside spot you are in. Open your trunk. Staff will bring your items out to you and place directly in your trunk. Please do not exit the vehicle. If your trunk is not accessible, staff will place your items on top of your vehicle.
- You can now enjoy your materials at home!
The outdoor book drop is open for returns!
Frequently Asked Questions about Curbside Pickup:
When you arrive at the library, call the curbside number posted on the sign in the parking lot and let us know you are here and not in a car. Please stay close to the outside book drop and a staff member will come out and place your items on the bench under the awning. You may retrieve your items when the staff member has returned to the building.
If you do not have a cell phone to use, please call the Library at (630) 766-4642 prior to picking up your items and alternate arrangements can be made.
At this time, all items that are checked out at the Bensenville Library must be returned to the Bensenville Library. Our delivery service between libraries has not yet resumed.
No, the card number you received online is only valid for online use. Please call the Library at (630) 766-4642 to arrange to receive a physical card that can be used to for both online and in-house materials.
Books, audiobooks, magazines, DVDs, Blu-rays, CDs, board games, a selection of YS book bundles, and WiFi hotspots that are owned by the Bensenville Community Public Library. Items from other libraries are currently unavailable.
Printing, scanning, and faxing services are also available during curbside pickup. Please call the Adult Services Desk at (630) 766-4642 for more information.
If your items are on the shelf, you should receive notification that your items are ready for pickup within 24-48 hours. Please do not come to the library until you are notified that your items are ready. Some holds may take longer than usual due to items being quarantined upon return.
All items have been quarantined for 7 days prior to being checked out to you. Please do not use liquid disinfectant on library materials. Time is the best disinfectant!
Loan periods for all materials will be three weeks with two renewals, if there are no pending holds. Only items from our library’s collection will be available. Checkout limits remain the same.
For your safety and the safety of our staff, all returns must be made through the outside book drop. Staff will not accept any materials from patrons.
Please note: Items you have returned will remain on your account for approximately 4 days. At this time, no overdue fines are being charged on any library materials.
At this time, we are not accepting material donations. Please hold materials until an announcement is made that we are accepting donations. Thank you for your patience and understanding!
During inclement weather, the Library may suspend curbside pickup for the safety of the staff. Please call ahead to ensure curbside pickup is available.
Yes! We’re full of good suggestions! Staff members from the Adult Services and Youth Services Departments are available to help you find your next great read (or watch)! Call us at (630) 766-4642 and someone will be happy to assist you.