The Bensenville Community Public Library subscribes to a variety of online research products and databases that offer up-to-date, reliable information on a wide range of topics, including: genealogy, business, history, homework help, auto repairs, and more.
All of our searchable resources are available for use in the library or from home. Hover over the images below to see a description about each database. You may also narrow or filter your search by clicking on our list of research subjects.
For some resources, you may be asked to enter the 14-digit barcode (starting with 21437…) on the back of your Bensenville Community Public Library card, along with your PIN number. Need help? Please call us at (630) 766-4642. Also, please note that we do not accept submissions for inclusion into our online resources collections.
- Better Business Bureau — Access the national site, or find your local bureau.
- Consumer Product Safety Commission — Report an unsafe product or check on the latest recalls.
- Consumer Protection — Government site giving you the scoop on what you need to know to protect yourself from scams and hoaxes.
- Consumer World — Large index of online consumer resources.
- Edmund’s Consumer Information Experts — New and used car pricing and information.
- Kelley Blue Book — New and used car pricing guide.
- National Fraud Information Center — Provides information on a variety of frauds and scams.
- U.S. Consumer Gateway — Government site providing access to a variety of consumer information.
- Food Safety Product Recalls — Provides information gathered from press releases and other public notices about certain recalls of FDA-regulated products.
Narrow and filter your search