The Bensenville Community Public Library subscribes to a variety of online research products and databases that offer up-to-date, reliable information on a wide range of topics, including: genealogy, business, history, homework help, auto repairs, and more.
All of our searchable resources are available for use in the library or from home. Hover over the images below to see a description about each database. You may also narrow or filter your search by clicking on our list of research subjects.
For some resources, you may be asked to enter the 14-digit barcode (starting with 21437…) on the back of your Bensenville Community Public Library card, along with your PIN number. Need help? Please call us at (630) 766-4642. Also, please note that we do not accept submissions for inclusion into our online resources collections.
- AfriGeneas: African Ancestor Genealogy – System of genealogy resources for researching African related ancestry.
- Ancestry.com – Online resource for tracing family history; more than 500 million names contained in the collection of online genealogical databases.
- Cyndi’s List of Genealogy Sites on the Internet – Largest index of links to genealogy resources on the internet.
- DuPageCounty Genealogical Society – An incorporated, 501(C)(3) not-for-profit organization founded in 1974. Provides education for genealogists, and assists in preserving and making available local records of genealogical interest.
- Family Search Internet Genealogy Service – Extensive site from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
- JewishGen: The Home of Jewish Genealogy – The primary internet source for researchers of Jewish genealogy; its components include the JewishGen Discussion Group and the JewishGen Family Finder.
- The Mayflower Web Pages – Find information about family members who came over on the Mayflower here.
- National Archives and Records Administration – Official government site; search for documents here.
- ROOTS-L – Compile information from ROOTS-L, a mailing list for people who are interested in genealogy.
- U.S. GenWeb Project – Links to state and county websites for genealogical information.
Narrow and filter your search